LINCOLNNeb. , September 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The latest reports from the Sandhills Global Aviation Industry Market indicate a slight decline in in-demand values across the used piston, turboprop and jet aircraft categories in Sandhills markets. Since the first months of 2022, inventory levels have risen from historic lows in all categories. This increase in inventory levels has impacted how quickly assets can be sold. “Days to market have steadily increased in most aviation segments,” says controller department manager Brant Washburn.
Sandhills aviation products include Controller, Controller EMEA, Executive Controller, Charter Hub, Aviation Trader, Aircraft Cost Calculator and AircraftEvaluator. AircraftEvaluator is Sandhills’ proprietary asset valuation tool for all aircraft types, built using the same technology as FleetEvaluator. Widely used and trusted in the equipment, truck and trailer industries, FleetEvaluator identifies asset values with unparalleled accuracy.
The key metric used in all Sandhills market reports is the Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI). Buyers and sellers can use information from Sandhills EVI to monitor equipment markets and maximize returns on acquisition, liquidation and related business decisions.
Chart to remember
This report includes a detailed analysis of demand values and stock trends in the global used aircraft market, along with graphs that help readers visualize the data. It describes and quantifies important trends in the buying and selling of used piston, turboprop and jet aircraft.
Used Single Piston Aircraft in the United States and Canada
- Used piston singles recorded their seventh straight month of rising inventories with a 2.4% month-over-month gain in August. Inventories in this category rose 32% year over year in August.
- The Sandhills EVI showed a corresponding cooling within the requested values with a decrease of 0.5% M/M. Still, asking EVI for used single pistons was up 24% year-over-year.
Used Turboprop Aircraft in the United States and Canada
- The used turboprop category recorded its sixth straight month of inventory growth with a 4.5% M/M increase in August. Inventory levels rose steadily by around 5% to 10% each month, although they remained down 41% year-on-year.
- Inquiry values for used turboprop aircraft appear to be peaking with a 1.5% M/M decline in August. EVI demand for the category showed a 28% year-over-year increase.
Used Jet Aircraft Worldwide
- The global inventory of used jet aircraft continues to grow, marking its seventh consecutive month of growth in August. Jet’s requested values were finally met and have now declined for three consecutive months.
- Pre-owned aircraft inventory levels showed an 8% M/M improvement in August and were down 2% year-on-year. Demand for EVI decreased 0.9% M/M and increased 21% YoY.
Get the full report
For more information or to receive a detailed analysis of Sandhills Global, contact us at [email protected].
About Sandhills Global
Sandhills Global is an information processing company headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our products and services collect, process and distribute information in the form of trade publications, websites and online services that connect buyers and sellers in the aviation, construction, agricultural and commercial trucking. Our integrated, industry-specific approach to hosted technologies and services delivers solutions that help businesses large and small operate efficiently and grow securely, profitably and successfully. Sandhills Global—we are the cloud.
About the Sandhills Equipment Value Index
The Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI) is a primary indicator of the estimated market values of used assets – both currently and over time – in the construction, agriculture, trucking commercial and aviation represented by Sandhills Global marketplaces, including Controller.com, AuctionTime.com, TractorHouse.com, MachineryTrader.com, TruckPaper.com, and other industry-specific equipment platforms. Powered by FleetEvaluator and AircraftEvaluator, Sandhills’ proprietary asset valuation tools, Sandhills EVI provides actionable insight into ever-changing supply and demand conditions for every industry.