The OneSky Flight Innovation Center at Embry-Riddle Research Park will grow in size and student programming, with the goal of providing relevant experiences that expose students to a wide range of lucrative career opportunities in the airline industry. business aviation.
A partner of the Embry-Riddle research park since 2017, the OneSky innovation center plans to increase its existing space fivefold in the key facility of the business incubator, the John Mica Engineering and Aerospace Innovation Center (MicaPlex). Under a new agreement with Embry-Riddle, OneSky’s research park footprint will include offices and research spaces; meeting spaces to stimulate transformative thinking in student organizations; and a student lounge – complete with a café-bar – to promote collaboration and introduce students to the business aviation industry.
OneSky Flight is the world’s leading portfolio of business aviation companies and includes iconic industry brands such as Flexjet (a global leader in timeshare jets) and Sentient Jet (the company that created the jet card) .
“As a company that focuses almost exclusively on business aviation, we believe there is a great opportunity to expose students to exceptional career paths that they may not have been aware of before. Said Robert Sullivan, executive director of OneSky Flight. “Business aviation as a profession offers many unique advantages over traditional commercial aviation career paths that we believe will appeal to large numbers of students as they prepare to enter the world. labor market. “
Embry-Riddle President Dr P. Barry Butler noted that the university’s mission is well served through the partnership with OneSky. “We have been honored to work with OneSky to expand career opportunities for our students and provide a significant talent pool for the industry,” said Butler. “As a global leader in higher education in aviation and aerospace, Embry-Riddle’s top priority is to prepare students for productive careers and leadership roles in the field. . Our partnership with OneSky advances excellence in education while meeting the needs of the workforce. “
As part of this relationship, OneSky’s Management Information System department provides internship opportunities focused on business aviation to Embry Riddle students continuing their education. Recent projects have included the development of artificial intelligence algorithms related to advanced demand modeling for OneSky operating companies. The internship program reached an exciting milestone last month when several former interns were hired as full-time employees at OneSky companies after graduation.
Embry-Riddle Media Contact:
Ginger Pinholster, Associate Vice President, Embry-Riddle, (386) 226-4811 / [email protected]
OneSky media contact:
Nicholas Parmelee, The Hubbell Group, Inc., (216) 406-5602 (mobile) / [email protected]
About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Reporters around the world Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University for content experts in all aspects of aviation, aviation affairs, aerospace, engineering and STEM related fields. Our university experts specialize in unmanned and autonomous systems, security and intelligence, air traffic and airport management, astronomy, human factors psychology, meteorology, space flight operations, air mobility urban and much more. Visit the Embry-Riddle Newsroom for story ideas.
Embry-Riddle trains more than 33,500 students at its residential campuses in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona, at approximately 125 campuses around the world, and through online degree programs. In 2021, American News and World Report named Embry-Riddle Worldwide the nation’s premier online licensing program provider.
OneSky encompasses Directional Aviation’s airlines: Flexjet, Sentient Jet, FXAIR and PrivateFly.
- Flexjet has been offering fractional jet ownership and leasing since 1995. Flexjet’s fractional aircraft program is the first in the world to be recognized as meeting the industry audit standard of the Air Charter Safety Foundation, is the first and only company to be honored with 22 FAA Diamond Awards for Excellence, holds an ARG / US Platinum safety rating, a 4AIR Bronze durability rating, and is IS-BAO Level 2 compliant. In 2015, Flexjet launched Red Label by Flexjet, which includes the youngest fleet industry, dedicated single-aircraft flight crews and the LXi cabin interiors collection. The US-based fleet includes the Embraer Phenom 300, Legacy 450 and Praetor 500, Bombardier Challenger 350, Gulfstream G450, G650 and G700. Flexjet’s European fleet includes the Embraer Legacy 500 and Praetor 600.
- Sensitive jet offers 25-hour jet cards, which allow customers to purchase flight time on four jet size options. Founded in 1999 and now an integral part of Directional Aviation, Sentient Jet is one of the country’s leading private aviation companies. Sentient Jet is known for its exceptional service and commitment to safety programs, including the industry’s first and only independent safety advisory board. Sentient Jet’s extensive network of certified operators ensures that customers will always have access to business jets that meet their exacting standards for safety and quality.
- FXAIR was in 2020 and is the only charter provider offering on-demand charter access to premium light, medium, super-medium, large cabin and ultra-long-haul aircraft, including the Challenger 300 and the Global Express . FXAIR’s Aviator program provides customers with premium access to these aircraft, even on peak days, as well as a host of other benefits. The FXAIR aircraft network is sourced from suppliers who meet the strictest safety standards in the private aviation industry, standards that often exceed FAA regulations. FXAIR is headquartered in New York, New York.
- Private flight is one of the leading international suppliers of premium charter solutions for private jets and jet cards, and is part of Directional Aviation. With thousands of accredited aircraft integrated around the world, PrivateFly combines innovative technology with a team of aviation experts, making it faster and easier to organize a private jet, wherever and whenever you want to fly.
- Halo provides bespoke helicopter and private urban air mobility travel services in the US and UK. Formed by the alignment of Halo Aviation Ltd. in the United Kingdom and Associated Aircraft Group (AAG) in the United States, Halo offers transport in the main types of helicopters in their class flown by qualified instrument pilots. In the UK, Halo offers vertical lift programs through charter, card, fractional ownership and freehold management programs. Its fleet of Agusta / Leonardo AW109 and AW169 helicopters is deployed from bases in southern England, around London, the Midlands and the Channel Islands. In the United States, Halo provides helicopter charter, timeshare and helicopter maintenance services from its facilities in New York, Teterboro, Bridgeport, Providence and Philadelphia.
- Tuvoli is an open technology platform for the private aviation industry that connects brokers and charter aircraft operators, improving relationships, improving efficiency and facilitating transactions with instant guaranteed payments for flight services . Tuvoli, which combines the Italian words “tu voli” or “tu voles”, is based on Directional aviation solid experience in cutting edge innovation, a multi-million dollar investment in technology development and real-world testing of the platform.