Reports and data
Electric Aircraft Market Size – USD 103.5 Million in 2020, Market Growth – at a CAGR of 8.2%, Market Trends – Increasing R&D Activities in Aerospace Industry
NEW YORK, NY, USA, July 20, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Rising environmental concerns and increasing passenger numbers are driving electric aircraft market revenue growth
The global electric aircraft market size is expected to reach USD 226.6 million in 2030 and register a CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period, according to the latest report from Reports and Data. Growing demand for low-maintenance aircraft is driving the revenue growth of the electric aircraft market.
Electric aircraft reduce an aircraft’s carbon footprint and this feature is expected to increase adoption. The size of the global aircraft fleet is increasing due to the increase in air travel, which consequently leads to an increase in carbon dioxide emissions. Therefore, a pressing need for electric aircraft has been generated to minimize emissions. In addition, these aircraft eliminate the need for fossil fuels to maintain the engines, which seriously affects the environment.
Reduced noise levels are another benefit of using electric aircraft. Electric planes deploy jet or combustion engines, and these engines do not emit noise. Hydraulic systems are replaced by electrical systems in these aircraft, which improves efficiency. There are several other benefits that are driving the demand for electric aircraft, such as increased maneuverability, improved safety, and low risk of fire and explosion. The deployment of electric motors in electric aircraft has increased its reliability as electric motors are simply designed with fewer moving parts. Therefore, aircraft using electric motors require little maintenance, resulting in low operating costs.
Companies featured in the global market report include Airbus, Yuneec Holding Limited, Pipistrel Group, Bye Aerospace, Digisky SRL, Leonardo SpA, Groupe Gorgé, EHang Holdings Limited, Faradair Aerospace Limited and Boeing.
Get a sample report @
The Defense and Aeronautics industry addresses two main markets: Aerospace and Defence. Aerospace includes the construction, maintenance and sale of commercial aircraft. Defense includes weapons and military systems that can operate at sea, on land, and in the air for the protection of the country. Fuelless aircraft, structural health monitoring (SHM), advanced materials, additive manufacturing (3D printing), intelligent automation, and blockchain are some of the current technology trends in aerospace engineering that are revolutionizing the aerospace sector on a global scale. Aerospace and Defense is a complex and challenging industry as the sector requires R&D activities and significant investments in the design of spacecraft and aeronautical equipment and other technologically advanced weapon systems.
Some highlights of the report
•In June 2021, Volocopter GmbH, a German aircraft manufacturer, made its first flight of an electric air taxi at La Bourget airport in France. This electric air taxi traveled a distance of 500 meters at a speed of 30 kilometers per hour, and it was 30 meters above the airport. In addition, it offers a luggage compartment and two people can be on board at a time. The objective of this air taxi is to serve the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris.
• The ultralight segment accounted for a larger share of revenue in 2020. Simple design and easy manufacturing process make electric ultralight aircraft economical. Moreover, this ensures the safety and easy availability of ultralight electric aircraft in commercial sectors, which facilitates the growth of the segment. Electric light jet planes move at high speed and can land at any airport.
• The hybrid electric aircraft segment accounted for a large share of revenue in 2020. Hybrid electric aircraft use motors and fuel batteries to drive the propellers. In some cases, it uses conventional jet engines as well as electrically driven propellers. This type of electric aircraft offers a design that is not possible with gasoline engines alone. It allows noiseless landings and vertical take-offs. Additionally, it consists of a large number of electric propellers to facilitate efficient aerodynamics.
• The increasing use of electric motors is attributed to its many advantages, which are low maintenance and high quality performance. Electric motors consist of a minimum of moving parts and therefore require little maintenance, making them very reliable. The design is simple and no energy is lost through friction between moving parts. This feature increases the efficiency of electric motors.
• The market in Europe accounted for the largest share of revenue in 2020. The region has been rapidly adopting advanced materials, such as gamma-titanium aluminides. This material improves mechanical properties and reduces fuel consumption, carbon footprint and noise levels. The presence of several key market players along with their growing investments in research and development (R&D) activities are driving the growth of the electric aircraft market across various regions. Regulatory bodies, such as the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), are actively focusing on reducing emission levels, which is propelling the growth of the market in the European region. This region has a higher standard of living than other regions, so people can afford electric flights to travel short distances.
To Understand How Our Electric Aircraft Market Report Can Make A Difference To Your Business Strategy:-
For the purposes of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the electric aircraft market on the basis of type, component, technology, range, application and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD billion; 2018-2030)
Components Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2030)
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2030)
Range Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2030)
Less than 500 km
More than 500 km
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2030)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2030)
Middle East and Africa
Key Questions Answered by the Report
1. What will be the market size and growth rate during the forecast year?
2.What are the key factors driving the global electric aircraft market?
3.What are the risks and challenges facing the market?
4.Who are the key players in the global electric aircraft market?
5. What are the trending factors influencing market share?
6. What are the main results of Porter’s five forces model?
7.Which are the global opportunities for expanding the global electric aircraft market?
Request a customization on the report @
• Overview of the global electric aircraft market
• Economic impact on the industry
• Market competition by manufacturers
• Production, revenue (value) by region
• Analysis of market effect factors
• Industrial chain, supply strategy and downstream buyers
• Supply (production), consumption, export, import by regions
• Production, revenue (value), price trend by type
• Global electric aircraft market forecasts
• Global Electric Aircraft Market Analysis by Application
• Analysis of manufacturing costs
• Analysis of the marketing strategy, distributors/traders
Thank you for reading our report. The report can be customized according to clients’ requirements. To learn more about the report, please contact us and our team will ensure that the report is customized to meet your needs.
Reports and data
write to us here
Visit us on social media:
Legal disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We assume no responsibility for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licensing, completeness, legality, or reliability of any information in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, please contact the provider above.