LINCOLN, Neb., October 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The value of pre-owned aircraft continued to rise in September, with inventory levels showing a continued recovery, according to the latest reports from Sandhills Global Aviation Industry Market covering turboprop aircraft, at used pistons and jets at Sandhills Markets. “Aircraft Market Segments Continue to Show Strength Despite Weakening Economic Outlook,” Says Controller Department Director Brant Washburn. This trend is exemplified by the used turboprop segment, where asking values in September surpassed recent highs posted in May. The extended run of inventory increases, meanwhile, follows historic lows reached in early 2022.
Sandhills aviation products include Controller, Controller EMEA, Executive Controller, Charter Hub, AviationTrader, Aircraft Cost Calculator and AircraftEvaluator. AircraftEvaluator is Sandhills’ proprietary asset valuation tool for all aircraft types, built using the same technology as FleetEvaluator. Widely used and trusted in the equipment, truck and trailer industries, FleetEvaluator identifies asset values with unparalleled accuracy.
The key metric used in all Sandhills market reports is the Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI). Buyers and sellers can use information from Sandhills EVI to monitor equipment markets and maximize returns on acquisition, liquidation and related business decisions.
Graphic to take away
This report includes a detailed analysis of demand values and inventory trends in the pre-owned aircraft markets, along with graphs that help readers visualize the data. It describes and quantifies important trends in the buying and selling of used piston, turboprop and jet aircraft.
Used Turboprop Aircraft in the United States and Canada
- Turboprop aircraft inventory has now increased for seven consecutive months, typically increasing by 5% to 10% each month.
- In September, pre-owned turboprop aircraft inventories rose 4.3% month-over-month but remained lower than a year ago, down 30.4% from a year to year.
- Turboprop prices hit new highs in September. EVI demand increased 3.5% M/M and 33% YoY.
Used Jet Aircraft Worldwide
- In September, used jet inventory levels rose 3.7% M/M, marking eight consecutive months of increases. Inventory increased 14% year-on-year.
- The requested values for used jet aircraft in September approached, but did not quite exceed, May 2022 tops. Demand for EVI increased 3.4% M/M and 22.4% YoY.
Used Single Piston Aircraft in the United States and Canada
- Single-piston aircraft prices and inventory levels remained stable in September.
- Inventory used decreased 3.1% M/M and increased 33% YoY, while EVI requested decreased 0.4% M/M and increased 15.8% YoY. year.
Get the full report
For more information or to receive a detailed analysis of Sandhills Global, contact us at [email protected].
About Sandhills Global
Sandhills Global is an information processing company headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our products and services collect, process and distribute information in the form of trade publications, websites and online services that connect buyers and sellers in the aviation, construction, agricultural and commercial trucking. Our integrated, industry-specific approach to hosted technologies and services delivers solutions that help businesses large and small operate efficiently and grow securely, profitably and successfully. Sandhills Global—we are the cloud.
About the Sandhills Equipment Value Index
The Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI) is a primary indicator of the estimated market values of used assets – both currently and over time – in the construction, agriculture, trucking commercial and aviation represented by Sandhills Global marketplaces, including Controller.com, AuctionTime.com, TractorHouse.com, MachineryTrader.co.uk, TruckPaper.com, and other industry-specific equipment platforms. Powered by FleetEvaluator and AircraftEvaluator, Sandhills’ proprietary asset valuation tools, Sandhills EVI provides actionable insight into ever-changing supply and demand conditions for every industry.